Kubernetes is an open-source container orchestration system that helps you to manage and scale your applications. It has become an essential tool for many IT professionals, particularly those working in the field of cloud computing. If you are looking to get a job in the IT field, learning Kubernetes is a great move. Here’s why:
- High demand for Kubernetes skills. Kubernetes is rapidly becoming the standard for container orchestration in the IT industry. As more and more companies adopt containerization and move their applications to the cloud, the demand for Kubernetes skills is increasing. In fact, according to a recent survey by the Cloud Native Computing Foundation, Kubernetes is the most widely adopted open-source project in the IT industry.
- Broad applicability. Kubernetes can be used in a variety of settings, including on-premises, in the cloud, and in hybrid environments. This makes it a valuable skill to have across different industries and sectors, including finance, healthcare, retail, and more.
- High-paying jobs. IT professionals with Kubernetes skills can command high salaries. According to Indeed.com, the average salary for a Kubernetes Engineer is around $120,000 per year.
- Professional growth opportunities. Learning Kubernetes can open up new professional opportunities. For example, you may be able to move into a DevOps role, where you can work on automating the deployment and scaling of applications. Additionally, you can become a Kubernetes administrator, responsible for maintaining and troubleshooting the Kubernetes environment.
- Kubernetes is a key part of the cloud-native landscape. The cloud-native landscape is a set of technologies and practices that are designed to make it easier to build, deploy, and scale applications in the cloud. Kubernetes is a key part of this landscape and understanding it will help you to understand the other cloud-native technologies such as Prometheus, Istio, and more.
- Kubernetes is backed by a strong community and ecosystem. Kubernetes is an open-source project that is backed by a strong community of contributors and users. This means that there are many resources available to help you learn and use Kubernetes, including documentation, tutorials, and forums. Additionally, there are many companies and organizations that offer Kubernetes-related services, such as managed Kubernetes services, Kubernetes training, and consulting.
In conclusion, Kubernetes is an essential tool for many IT professionals and is in high demand. Learning Kubernetes can open up new professional opportunities, help you to command high salaries, and be a part of the cloud-native landscape. With a strong community and ecosystem backing it, learning Kubernetes is a smart move for anyone looking to advance their career in the IT field.